The Fine Print
These terms and conditions are implicitly agreed to on acceptance of a copywriting quote from Susan Reoch. They help us stay friends.
For the purposes of these terms and conditions, “Me”, “My” and “I” refers to www.susanreochcopywriter.com and “You” and “Your” refers to you, the client, visitor, website user or person using our website.
Quotes are valid for 30 days from date of submission.
I reserves the right to requote a job if the client makes substantial changes to the brief.
All quotes include an allowance for two sets of revisions. Any further revisions will be charged at $139 an hour.
- Any additional meetings beyond what is agreed on in the quote will be charged at $139 an hour, including travel time.
- I agree to keep all materials supplied by the client confidential.
- The client agrees to indemnify Susan Reoch Copywriter for any claim for compensation or damages as a result of accidental disclosure or loss of information.
- The client is asked to nominate one person to be the primary contact and consolidate all client revisions.
If I have not received any feedback or comments within two weeks of submitting work to you (at any stage – the initial draft or subsequent edits), I will assume you are happy the work has been completed and will invoice for the remaining balance.
- When I have received full and final payment for all work performed by me, copyright of the work I produce is automatically assigned to you. You can then use the work however you wish. However, until final payment is received, copyright of the work remains with me.
- Susan Reoch Copywriter reserves the right to use selected extracts of content created for clients for promotional purposes unless I have been specifically asked not to do so.
- I require a non-refundable 50% deposit before I begin working on your project. Jobs can only be scheduled once this deposit has been received.
- The balance of payment is required within 14 days of client approval of the final draft.
- If payment is not made, Susan Reoch Copywriter retains the copyright for all copywriting and this content cannot be used by the client or any third party.
I believe in hitting deadlines, but I can only do this with your help. So I can’t be responsible for a missed deadline if you have been late with a down payment, slow to supply materials or not provided feedback to agreed timescales.
I also can’t be responsible for deadlines missed due to circumstances completely beyond my control, like family emergencies, floods, war, acts of god and so on.
Liability, release and indemnity
- Susan Reoch will assume that all materials provided by the client are factual and accurate.
- Susan Reoch will do my best to ensure all facts and statements in my work are true and that nothing in my work infringes on any copyright or other right of a third party.
- Susan Reoch will also make every effort to proofread all work, however, cannot guarantee that all work will be free of typographical, grammatical or factual errors.
- It is your responsibility to have any work submitted legally reviewed if required.
- Susan Reoch will not be responsible or liable for any claim, loss, damage, costs or expenses (including consequential losses) incurred by you in connection with or arising under this agreement and you indemnify me for any claim, loss, damage costs or expenses incurred by me in connection with or in relation to any errors in copywriting provided.
- If any provision of this agreement shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from this agreement and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.